Sunday 17. January, 2016

Paddy Power and BetFair All Set For Merger

The Competition and Consumer Protection Commission has approved the proposed merger of leading betting companies, Paddy Power and Betfair, stating that the deal would not reduce competition in the betting market in Ireland.

“The Commission has formed the view that the proposed transaction will not substantially lessen competition in any market for goods or services in the state,” the Commission’s statement read.

The merger will create one of the world’s biggest gaming and betting companies and will be called Paddy Power Betfair with Paddy Power shareholders holding 52 percent of the company and Betfair shareholders holding the remaining 48 percent. The companies agreed on the £6 billion merger early in 2015 with Paddy Power shareholders approving the agreement last month at their EGM. The UK Competition and Markets Authority gave their approval in the same month.

The two companies look set to complete the deal within two weeks now that their final hurdle has been overcome. Paddy Power stated that it is aiming for the merger to go through on February 2, contingent on the British High Court approving a scheme of arrangement which Betfair requires to see through its share of the transaction.

This timelines sets the merger ahead two month of the end of March deadline that the companies set in August. The merged company with have customers around the world and has announced plans to expand further internationally, particularly into Europe, the US and Australia.

The companies have announced that the current CEO of Betfair, Breon Corcoran, will become CEO and an executive director of Paddy Power Betfair, while Paddy Power’s current CEO, Andy McCue will become the COO and an executive director.

TOP CASINOS
$200 BONUS

Start your Australian casino adventure with a $200 bonus and 5000 seeds!


130 FREE SPINS

All new Australian players get 130 free spins and bonuses up to €1000 on the first three deposits.


30 FREE SPINS

Get 30 free spins and 4 welcome bonuses to a total value of $1400 as a new Australian customer!


35 FREE SPINS

New Australian players get 35 free spins on Spiñata Grande and a 100% welcome bonus up to $200!


400% BONUS

As a new Australian customer, deposit €100 and you will get €500 to play for!


€10 EXCLUSIVE BONUS

Get a €10 exclusive bonus on your first depost and get 10% top-up on your winnings or 10% cashback on your losses the first week.


200 FREE SPINS

Get 50% of the deposit you make in free spins! Deposit $400 in order to get 200 free spins! Also, 100% bonus on your first deposit!


$500 BONUS

Join All Australian Casino and get a 100% bonus up to $500 as a new Australian customer!


50 FREE SPINS

As a new Australian player, you get 50 free spins and a 200% welcome bonus!


180 FREE SPINS

Get up to $1000 in bonus on your first four deposits. Also, 180 free spins to all new Australian players!


100 FREE SPINS

Get 100 free spins on Starburst and a first deposit bonus worth up to $400 as a new Australian player!


PokiesPedia was last updated:
April 16, 2017

Receive 100 Free Spins Now!

Receive 100 Free Spins Now!

Join our mailing list to receive 100 free spins instantly and the best bonus offers for Australians!

You have Successfully Subscribed!