Thursday 11. February, 2016

Crown Dealer Charged with AUD100,000 Fraud

A dealer at Crown Casino in Melbourne has been found guilty on deception charges after rigging a game of sic bo to pay out more than AUD100,000 in winnings to five friends of his who had not won. The game involves placing bets on the outcome of the roll of three dice.

The 20-year old student at Melbourne University was escorted from the casino by Crown Casino security and investigators in October 2015. He was handed over to authorities at the City West Complex and his five friends were arrested between October and November. The friends are being charged with obtaining property by deception.

The scam was caught on closed circuit cameras at the casino where the dealer was seen making a series of payments to his friends who were playing at his table. According to a source, the alleged leader of the scam took a 65 percent cut from each payment and then divided the remaining 35 percent between the friends.

Crown Casino has come under the spotlight recently being described as a “blot on the community” by one of the state’s most senior judges after it was revealed that the Crown’s chips have become a de facto currency among underworld figures and the casino has become a venue for money laundering and drug trafficking.

A spokesperson for the Crown denied the allegations and although they did not comment on the judge’s remarks, the spokesperson countered them by stating that the casino “does not tolerate illegal activity of an kind” and works closely with the police whenever necessary.

“Crown Melbourne has a long-standing and close working relationship with Victoria Police and other law enforcement agencies, who value Crown’s work in identifying criminals and bringing them to justice.”

TOP CASINOS
10 FREE SPINS

All new Australian players get 10 free spins without deposit!


150 FREE SPINS

Exclusive Australian bonus consisting of a $300 deposit bonus and 150 free spins!


130 FREE SPINS

All new Australian players get 130 free spins and bonuses up to €1000 on the first three deposits.


30 FREE SPINS

Get 30 free spins and 4 welcome bonuses to a total value of $1400 as a new Australian customer!


35 FREE SPINS

New Australian players get 35 free spins on Spiñata Grande and a 100% welcome bonus up to $200!


400% BONUS

As a new Australian customer, deposit €100 and you will get €500 to play for!


€10 EXCLUSIVE BONUS

Get a €10 exclusive bonus on your first depost and get 10% top-up on your winnings or 10% cashback on your losses the first week.


200 FREE SPINS

Get 50% of the deposit you make in free spins! Deposit $400 in order to get 200 free spins! Also, 100% bonus on your first deposit!


$500 BONUS

Join All Australian Casino and get a 100% bonus up to $500 as a new Australian customer!


50 FREE SPINS

As a new Australian player, you get 50 free spins and a 200% welcome bonus!


180 FREE SPINS

Get up to $1000 in bonus on your first four deposits. Also, 180 free spins to all new Australian players!


100 FREE SPINS

Get 100 free spins on Starburst and a first deposit bonus worth up to $400 as a new Australian player!


PokiesPedia was last updated:
April 16, 2017

Receive 100 Free Spins Now!

Receive 100 Free Spins Now!

Join our mailing list to receive 100 free spins instantly and the best bonus offers for Australians!

You have Successfully Subscribed!